Dentures & PartialsAn Overview
Dentures have traditionally been the standard treatment for patients who need to replace a full arch or a full set of missing teeth. Greeley dentists Drs. Kevin and Kami Marr offer edentulous patients the latest treatment options for replacing missing teeth, including all types of dentures.
Dentures can be removable or secured using dental implants. Dental implant secured dentures provide patients with added oral health benefits:
- Stable, permanent restoration
- Ability to speak and eat normally and confidently
- No need for use of adhesives
- Reduced bone loss and shrinkage in the jaw due to the implanted post
Due to advancements in dental technology and materials, today’s cosmetic dentures are made from a high-quality material that is comfortable to wear and looks like natural teeth. They are custom made for each patient in a dental laboratory from mouth impressions.
Types of Dentures
- Full Dentures: Full dentures are used to replace a full arch of missing teeth on either the upper or lower arch.
- Partial Dentures: Partial dentures are similar to a dental bridge. They are commonly used to replace consecutively missing teeth.
- Dental Implant Secured Dentures: Securing dentures with dental implant provides patients with added oral health benefits. Dental implant secured dentures increase natural function and provide a beautiful, natural looking smile. Implants also help to stabilize the bite and integrity of the structure of the jaw bone for long term benefits. Implant secured dentures do not require special maintenance or bonding.
Benefits of Implant Secured Dentures
Removable dentures will take some time to get used and may not work for everyone. Dr. Marr will recommend dental implants for patients missing teeth if they qualify for them because of the many benefits they offer over traditional dentures. With a 95% success rate, denture implants have a higher patient satisfaction rate. The main benefits of denture implants compared to removable dentures include:
- There are no worries about them falling out when you eat or speak since they are secured permanently
- The dental implants replace the tooth root preventing bone loss
- You will have the ability to eat foods without restrictions
- There is no need for adhesives to keep them in place
- They are convenient and easier to care for