Dentures & PartialsAn Overview
Dentures have traditionally been the standard treatment for patients who need to replace a full arch or a full set of missing teeth. Greeley dentists Drs. Kevin and Kami Marr offer edentulous patients the latest treatment options for replacing missing teeth, including all types of dentures.
Dentures can be removable or secured using dental implants. Dental implant secured dentures provide patients with added oral health benefits:
- Stable, permanent restoration
- Ability to speak and eat normally and confidently
- No need for use of adhesives
- Reduced bone loss and shrinkage in the jaw due to the implanted post
Due to advancements in dental technology and materials, today’s cosmetic dentures are made from a high-quality material that is comfortable to wear and looks like natural teeth.
Types of Dentures
- Full Dentures: Full dentures are used to replace a full arch of missing teeth on either the upper or lower arch.
- Partial Dentures: Partial dentures are similar to a dental bridge. They are commonly used to replace consecutively missing teeth.
- Dental Implant Secured Dentures: Securing dentures with dental implant provides patients with added oral health benefits. Dental implant secured dentures increase natural function and provide a beautiful, natural looking smile. Implants also help to stabilize the bite and integrity of the structure of the jaw bone for long term benefits. Implant secured dentures do not require special maintenance or bonding.
I appreciate that Dr. Kevin is very thorough and explains my options. He is honest and knows that we do not have dental insurance. I trust him to only do procedures when absolutely necessary. I highly recommend Dr. Kevin to anyone needing a dentist.Marie F.
Dr. Kevin and Dr. Kami are efficient but take their time to meet my needs, they are very knowledgeable but make sure I understand, they offer many options for treatments but are never pushy. The office staff is friendly and helpful with matters of scheduling and billing. The hygienists and…Natalie OM.
Marr family dentistry is superior to most of the dentists I have ever visited. The atmosphere is pleasant and the hygienists are gentle and patient. I have never been pressured into doing any procedure that I felt I was not ready for. I recommend anyone to come check them out.Fran M.
This is the best dental practice that I've ever encountered in my 52 years. Kevin and Kami are not only kind and compassionate, but they have knowledge to address your problem, no matter your condition. There is no judgement about the condition of your teeth, whether they're perfect or you…Laurie P.
...from the moment I walked in the door for my first visit, the gals behind the desk made me feel comfortable. I can honestly say I have anxiety when I visit the dentist but everyone made me feel at ease, and Dr. Kami is top-notch. I have finally found a…Kelly P.
Dentures & Partials What to Expect
Your Marr Family dentist will help you to determine which denture is right for you. Dr. Marr will complete a comprehensive and personalized oral exam and an analysis of your dental health. They will take the time to discuss your cosmetic goals, budget, and lifestyle to help you choose the right denture.
The process for receiving your denture will be determined based on which type of denture you choose. Dentures are custom designed to naturally blend in with your facial aesthetics and can be color matched to your teeth. Dr. Marr and Marr work with a dental lab to fabricate your custom denture.
If a dental implant secured denture is the chosen option, our dental care team will work with you and a local oral surgeon to set a date for your surgical implantation. Once healed, in about 2-3 months, your custom fabricated hybrid denture can be secured for a stable, functional smile.