What Are Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are a permanent cosmetic dentistry restoration that can be used to correct a range of cosmetic concerns. A thin ceramic shell, the veneer is bonded to the front and sides of a tooth. The tooth is prepared by removing a minimal amount of enamel to make room for the veneer. Veneers can be used to treat a single tooth or many teeth.
What Issues Can Porcelain Veneers Treat?
Porcelain veneers can be used to fix a wide variety of dental issues, which include:
- Gaps between teeth
- Missing teeth
- Chipped, broken, or misshapen teeth
- Stained or discolored teeth
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
- Natural Look: Porcelain veneers are created based on impressions that Dr. Kami Marr takes of your teeth. This means that you can expect your porcelain veneers to look just like your natural teeth. Not only do porcelain veneers look natural, but they also feel natural. The ceramic covering hides stained or cracked teeth like a protective shell so you can talk normally along with enjoying all the foods and drinks that you normally would.
- Stain Resistant: One of the best features with porcelain veneers if that they are stain resistant. Even though they are stain resistant, we still recommend staying away from certain products that will stain your teeth such as cigarettes and other tobacco products as they will cause other health issues.
- Durability: With the proper oral hygiene that you would normally have with your natural teeth, the same is required for porcelain veneers. With proper oral hygiene, you can expect the most out of your new porcelain veneers which is up to 15 years of a beautiful smile that you have always wished for!
- Non-Invasive Procedure: The procedure for porcelain veneers is less invasive than some other cosmetic procedures such as dental crowns. With porcelain veneers, a minimal amount of your natural tooth is removed so the porcelain veneers can attach to it. Also, during this procedure, little to zero anesthesia is required.
Schedule an Appointment
Dr. Kami Marr and the team at Marr Family Dentistry will restore your smile. Porcelain veneers are only one of the many cosmetic options offered to our patients. Contact us today to schedule an appointment or consultation. We are here to help you with all of your dental needs and concerns.